What is the biggest gamble someone can take?
A. To assume there is no life after death
B. To assume that everyone goes to a pleasant/happy place after death
C. To assume there is no accounting required after death
D. To only live for today with no thought of what happens after death
E. All of the above
Correct answer: E – all of the above!
That’s scary because most people go through life with one or more of the above beliefs! And it doesn’t make any difference if they sincerely believe because we can be sincere yet sincerely wrong!
There’s only one Being who gets to set and determine what is true or false, what is reality or not, and what happens after death – and that is the Creator.
The Bad News:
- We’re all guilty; we’ve all disobeyed God’s will and law (just walk through the 10 Commandments – Exodus 20).
› Romans 3:23 – For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
- Sin brings God’s judgment
› Isaiah 13:11 – I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins.
- We cannot pay for even one of our sins, much less all of them.
› Isaiah 64:6 – We’re all sin-infected, sin-contaminated. Our best efforts are grease-stained rags.
- God’s judgment is hell forever.
› Revelation 20:15 – And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire (Hell).
- Judgment in Hell shows how serious it is to rebel against the Creator and Almighty God and to reject the loving sacrificial gift Jesus Christ paid, at tremendous cost, for your sins.
› John 3:36 – Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.
The Good News:
- You are more loved than you could possibly imagine.
› Jeremiah 31:3 – I have loved you with an everlasting love.
- Therefore God made a way for ALL your sins to be forgiven.
- Jesus Christ, the perfect One, died on a cross to pay the penalty for your sins – that’s why forgiveness can justly be given.
› Ephesians 1:7 – In Him (Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- God has done all the work – you simply need to confess (agree with God) that you have sinned against Him, put your trust in Jesus and His payment for your sins and desire, by God’s help, to live for Him instead of for yourself.
More Good News:
- The moment after you die you will be with Jesus in Heaven.
› 2 Corinthians 5:8 – Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.
› Philippians 1:21-23 – For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me.
- Christ will be with you right now in this life. He wants to be your constant companion. Read His love letter to you (the Bible). Regularly talk with Him (pray). Ask Him to guide you each day and entrust your life and your circumstances to Him.